Pick-ups & Deliveries
We will call you when your stock has arrived to coordinate a convenient delivery time. Please ensure we have your correct address and telephone number on your invoice. It is also advisable that you leave Focus On Furniture with two possible phone numbers where you can be reached.
When a delivery date has been confirmed you will be given an AM or PM window for your delivery. Unfortunately, due to driver conditions, deliveries and workloads; we cannot specify an exact time of arrival.
For your convenience, our drivers may call you up to an hour prior to arriving at your home. Please ensure your contact details are correct.
Tips for home deliveries
In order for your delivery to be as easy as possible, please read the following information prior to receiving delivery of your stock:
• Remove any pictures, mirrors, nails, plants and tables from walls and walkways that lie in the pathway of your intended item. Reasonable access into households is required. Drivers will not be held responsible for damage to property or goods in the event reasonable access has not been organised
• Remove any breakable objects in the delivery area.
• Lay rugs, blankets or casters down to protect wood, tile floors or carpets during delivery as drivers are unable to removes shoes due to O.H. & S.laws whilst delivering goods.
• If furniture is to be placed on wood floors, place pieces of cloth under the legs or casters of furniture.
• New furniture often seems larger in your home than in a store setting. One final measurement before delivery is recommended if you are concerned about space and size. If you are shopping for large furniture such as sofas, beds, dressers or entertainment units, consider how the piece will fit into your home. Measure the piece, and then measure your door opening.
• Our delivery team cannot remove other furniture already in the home & we will not move existing electronics or other fragile items in your home.
• Due to the time frames our drivers work with all RTA items will not be assembled on arrival, this includes some beds.
• No exact delivery times can be given. You may however, request a call 1⁄2 hr prior to advise the driver is on the way.
• Any damage must be reported immediately to the driver
• Please ensure you are home on the day of delivery as you will be charged a second delivery charge if drivers need to come back a second time
• Drivers do not carry change so please make sure you have correct money for C.O.D.
• Please be aware that due to large number of deliveries Focus on Furniture complete we are unable to remove or take responsibility for any boxes, plastic or rubbish that may have been used to package your stock. This rubbish is the customers responsibility.
Acceptance of goods
On delivery, please inspect your item carefully, noting any issues on the delivery copy. Once you have inspected stock carefully and you have signed acceptance of the item, Focus On Furniture cannot accept responsibility for any defects that may occur as a result of general day to day usage.
Our warehouse distribution centre is open for customer pick-ups Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m, Friday 10.00am – 12.00pm and some Saturdays 7.30am – 9.30am (please call store to confirm Saturday dates). You may also pick up your furniture directly from our regional store locations Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m.
Warehouse pick-up locations:
Hallam Warehouse: 11 Siddons Way, Hallam Victoria 3803
Sydney Warehouse: 5 Murtha Street, Arndell Park NSW 2148
Adelaide Warehouse: 2, 19 Indama Street, Regency Park, SA, 5010
Should you wish to pick up your furniture please call the store at least 7 days prior to your intended pick-up date. Please note, due to OH&S requirements, our sales staff in store cannot be responsible for the lifting of items when you pick up. Please ensure you bring someone to help you when picking up your items from the stores. Please also ensure, when picking up your items from stores, that you bring adequate wrapping, blanket or materials to transport your items safely. As items are opened and inspected at out warehouse, customer store pick-ups do not come packaged or wrapped.
For your protection you will be asked to show a driver’s license at the time you pick up your furniture. Should you wish to allow a friend or relative to pick up the furniture please notify us at the point-of-sale.
Please inspect your furniture carefully prior to pick-up. We cannot be held responsible for damage caused after the furniture leaves our premises.